...but today was still a bit chaotic. To save time and energy, since I don't have the physical ability or desire to provide the intricate details of this nutty day, I will simply sum it up in one word: SUCCESS! No more homework for the rest of this semester except for a couple of final exams, which should be cake. And I am running on two hours of sleep here, folks. But my presentation on Mexican Labor Law was a hit, papers are all turned in, and now I can relax.
On break today, I drove around Richmond for awhile, enjoying the sunshine and jamming to Tom Petty. It's funny, because when I was in high school I hung out with a group of junkies from time to time who always listened to The Doors, Tom Petty, etc. I seldom listened to the Mary Jane music because I preferred my Techno and Rap. This just wasn't cool in a cornfield school where Country is the genre of choice, but I always liked tunes that made me want to jump up, jump up, and get down, if you know what I mean. Or cry. I'm a sucker for sob songs, too. But I recently bought this Tom Petty Greatest Hits CD and realized that I've actually liked a lot of the songs on it for quite some time, yet failed to realize they were actually by this artist.
Anyway, so here I was belting out, "Cause I'm FREEEE, Free-Faaaallin'" and flying down Chester Blvd. when the sun pops out--a sure sign of happy mood time. I've mentioned before that I am a serious sufferer of Seasonal Affective Disorder, so sunlight in winter is like a steak after a long fast. Not only that, but well, the obvious fact I have completed my major coursework, including all credits toward my English degree as of today, and will be graduating in 151 days.
I'm also pretty pumped about a trip to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival in Canada next spring with Humanities Club. This past spring we went to Chicago and I had a blast, to say the least. I can just imagine what Canada will bring. I talked to a guy about it after my Film class today and it looks like he will be going, which is pretty exciting because he's one of those guys I've had several classes with but never had the opportunity to get to know. Looking at him today, I thought he resembled a blonde Ben Affleck. After a few pina coladas and martinis, I may be in love. But then I think the lack of sleep took its toll on me today, because I also noticed this girl in class that has such a strong resemblance to an ex-boyfriend that I almost got turned on. That seems so wrong, but I couldn't help it. Don't misunderstand here, I am not like THAT...it was just a weird thing. I guess I was mentally trying to convince myself it was him in a female's body or something. Lack of sleep. Lack of sleep. Lack of sleep.
My Film professor's new novel is doing well; so well in fact she's drawn attention from the LA Times. They wrote a fabulous review and it looks like there's potential movie material. She mentioned that she's leaving town this weekend to look into getting an agent, lawyer, etc. I had no clue that such things arose after such events, but whatever. Sounds pretty awesome to me.
4 comments:
yeah, i love tom petty. some stuff is just classic.. :)
Enjoy your short freedom!!
vani: Yes!
angel: Ah! Don't remind me of the "short" part!
meg: Yes! As far as the bored part, I'm going to try to wrap myself up in a "project" over the next few weeks to try to keep from it. But I know what you mean!
lack of sleep can make you delirious and think all kinds of things...
Yay for x-mas break!
Post a Comment